The Association shall consist of person who are or have been engaged in or associated with the profession or practice of pharmacy or the pharmaceutical trade. There shall be two classes of Members.
- A registered pharmacist, Full Members are persons who are registered pharmacists and are admitted as Full Members by the General Committee.
- Life Members are persons who are or have been Full Members and who have made prolonged active contribution to the affairs of the Association and continue to take an interest in the Association but are no longer in active practice. They shall be proposed by three or more Voting Members and approved by the General Committee. Their admission to Life Membership shall be confirmed by a simple majority of those present at a General Meeting of the Association. They shall pay no dues but shall be eligible to vote and hold office in the Association when residing in Hong Kong.
- Honorary Members are persons whether or not registered pharmacists, who have contributed greatly to the pharmaceutical profession in Hong Kong or elsewhere. They shall be nominated by at least five Voting Members. Their nomination shall be confirmed by a simple majority of those present at a General Meeting of the Association; after which they shall be invited by the Chairman to become Honorary Members. They shall pay no dues nor be eligible to vote or hold office.
- Associate Members are persons who are either
1. Authorized Seller of Poisons, or
2. Pharmaceutical Manufacturers/Companies, or
3. Employed in the pharmaceutical trade or associated education institution, and are admitted as Associated Members by the General Committee.
- Pre-Registration members who are pharmacy graduates/students and not registered as pharmacists in HK
How to apply?
1. The applicant shall complete the application form; and
2. to enclose the supportive documents; and
3. with a recent photo; and
4. the relevant fee.
Documents to be enclosed with the application
1. A copy of the certificate(s) issued by the college or the faculty of medical institution.
2. A copy of the pharmacist registration certificate issued by the P&P Broad